saying feminism is unnecessary because you don’t feel oppressed is like saying fire extinguishers are unnecessary because your house isn’t on fire
Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”(via qui—-avem)
Have you ever looked at your body without the lens of your colonized mind?Key Ballah, Unlearn (via keywrites)
Learn to be alone, and to like it. There’s nothing more freeing and empowering than learning to like your own company.Mandy Hale (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
Remember when African ethnicities were mocked for stretching their earlobes and indigenous folks for “sticking shit” through their septums , but once such practices were adopted by industrial nations during the 80’s/90’s and white folks/White punks/White hipsters started to do it, it was all cool, unique, civil and “Original”?
They cripple the bird’s wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X (via despreciada)
I have a lot to say, you just have to ask the right questions.Unknown (via asdfghjkllove)